Friday, January 18, 2008

Moving On

Much though we enjoyed the baking, the first Bed and Breakfast we owned never really caught on. When the Windsor Chamber of Commerce said that Tourism was the second largest sector in the Windsor economy, I think they meant "a very distant second".

We ran it for a year and on the anniversary of opening, we reassessed. Alan was still working at General Motors, which he didn't enjoy. I was running the B&B on my own and I was, at the time, very shy, so I wasn't enjoying my job, either.

We went to talk to our real-estate agent to see if he had any ideas. He said that there had been some "activity" in our neighbourhood and if we ever wanted to sell, now would be the time to do it. So we did.

We came away with a nice nest egg, a whole lot of lessons learned. And a huge desire to work for ourselves again some time.

No comments: