Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Key to a Happy Marriage

Moving day last week was cloudy. 

Mercifully, the rain only threatened until we were bringing the last load in.  When the skies opened, we ran the stuff off the truck and into the house.  That got the job done quickly, but, as my back kept reminding me, I'M NEARLY FIFTY!!!!!!

Once it was all done, Alan told me to go have a hot bath while he ordered the pizza.  

So I swished out the tub and then discovered - horrors! - there was no plug!

OK.  Fine, I thought.  I can stagger in circles, unpacking boxes awhile longer.

Alan disappeared and came back with the plug from (currently vacant) apartment 2 and I was able to run my bath.

And oh!  It was bliss!  I poured in some bath foam, filled the room with steam and by the time I'd been there just a few minutes, my entire body was in love with Alan.  There were parts of me, that hadn't acknowledged his existence for years, asking to be sure I had his phone number.  I can't even tell you what my feet offered to do for him....

So there you have it.  Next time someone asks me for the key to a happy marriage, I'll know the answer: a three inch rubber plug.

 

No comments: