Saturday, November 29, 2008

Y is for Yes

I've said No to so many things over the years.  Excitement and opportunities and adventures.  Pleasures both large and small. 

People, too, myself mostly.

I've also said Yes sometimes, but not nearly enough.  And looking back, the best things in my life have come about when I said a sometimes breathless Yes.

Moving to Stratford.  Accepting friendships.  Trying new flavours.  Not forgetting that whole Will-You-Marry-Me-and-Share-My-Life.

With all the good that has come about because of Yes, you'd think that No would be stricken from my vocabulary.  But I am stubborn.  Frightened sometimes.

Yes needs to be learned.  Repeatedly.

Read Molly Bloom's soliloquy frequently, if you want to learn the joys of the sometimes breathless Yes.

Then close your eyes, the next time life makes you an offer and just say Yes.

 

No comments: