Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Family Day

We're back from spending a couple of days with Alan's Dad.

One of the things I love about being Basically Unemployable is being able to spend time with Dad on non-weekends.  In non-emergencies.  Try explaining to a boss that you want to spend a couple of leisurely days with your father-in-law while he's still healthy and likes going out for breakfast.

One of the things I don't like about being Basically Unemployable is when everyone gets a holiday when I'm trying to enjoy some leisurely time with my father-in-law.

It was Family Day here in Ontario.  A brand-new holiday Monday.

And OK, fine.  An extra day off in February, whatever.  When most highways have a 50/50 chance of being closed.

All I'm saying is it's not like we can sit in a cafe and enjoy ourselves, but, whatever.  I'm thinking the Liberals really don't want to be re-elected, like, ever or they'd have thought it through.  AND MADE THE HOLIDAY IN JUNE!!!

But, hello, "Family Day?"  They might just as well have called it "We Prefer Our Electorate Straight and Procreating Day".

I'm just saying.

No comments: