Friday, February 8, 2008

Inspiration

In the life of any blog, there comes that moment when the blog owner has to stop and ask, "Where the hell am I going with all of this?"

That moment hit me earlier this week.  And frankly, I was stumped. 

I mean I had an idea when I started.  It was going to be light, breezy.  FUN, fer cryin' out loud.  And then I started writing.

And things started to get a little serious.  In fact, this little corner of the internet was in serious danger of becoming a Serious Business Blog.  Which would be a very bad thing for a number of reasons.  One, I don't really know anything about Serious Business.  And two, it's BOOORRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Fortunately, when I'm avoiding writing, I read other people's blogs and found this inspiring piece on Jonny B's Private Secret Diary - about his losing snooker team - and I thought, yes!  That's what I want to be about! Failure! Defeat! Ineptitude!  In all its fun and glory.

Because people, you do not want me writing about the usual business things like Motivation (I procrastinate horribly!) or Ambition (I want to spend as much time as possible in my jammies!) or, God forbid, Organization (I forgot to have babies and now I'm having hot flashes!!).

But I can tell you how to get around the Building Inspector (legally).  How to make one payment count three ways.  How debt doesn't actually kill you.  How life?  Life is supposed to be fun!

And so, I believe, is the stuff that allows you to pay for that life.

Let the games begin.

 

No comments: