Monday, March 10, 2008

Advice to the Lovelorn

Alan and I have moved a lot over the years.  Mostly it's been fine.  But after moving to a brand-new city a few years back, I was feeling just a little lonely.

Remembering the Advice to the Lovelorn I'd read in my mother's stacks of Women's Weekly Magazines, I decided to sign up for a course or three.

The local Adult Education Centre had some very interesting things on offer.  I don't remember what they were, but I do remember being very excited about them.  So I signed up and waited for the classes to start.

Then I got a letter in the mail.  One of the courses had been cancelled "due to lack of interest". 

Then another.  And finally, the third.

Maybe it's good advice?  But it should be amended to say "Take a course, but try to be sure that your tastes are really, really mainstream."

No comments: