Monday, May 25, 2009

The Unknown Secret of Time Management

My life has gotten busier lately.  And it's entirely possible that I'm trying to do too much.  But I love a challenge, so I'll keep trying.

I really hate that overwhelmed, geez-I'm-such-a-failure feeling when you get to the end of the day and your to-do list hasn't even been touched.

So before I sit down to decide what needs to be done today (and for the rest of the week) I forgive myself in advance for anything that I won't accomplish.

Because life always gets in the way of our best-laid plans.  I know this.  I also know that that's what makes life the great adventure that it is.

If everything always went according to plan?  We'd all die of boredom.  And yet, knowing that, I can still put way too much pressure on myself to Get Things Done.

It's a waste.  I recommend forgiving yourself in advance.

In my next post, I'll tell you what goes on that to-do list...

No comments: